Listing your home on the market can be a tricky process to navigate. There are six key points where sellers most often lose money during the transaction.
1. Not preparing your home to sell. If there are any items in your home that need to be fixed, don’t hesitate in making those repairs. Also remember to clean out and organize closets and storage spaces. Then, consider staging your home to sell. You want to present the best version of your home possible in order to earn top dollar.
2. Overpricing your home. The higher you price your home over fair market value, the fewer buyers you’re going to attract. Pricing your home at or just below market value will generate the highest interest. Like most shoppers, buyers are always seeking the best value.
3. During the negotiation of the offer. You want to have an experienced agent by your side to make sure that this part of the process doesn’t cause you to lose any money.
4. During the negotiation of home inspection issues. Like the previous point, an experienced agent will help you determine the best route to pursue.
5. During the appraisal. The right agent will show up, meet the appraiser, and help you defend the price.
6. During the final walk-through. You want to make sure that all of the negotiated home inspection repairs have been completed. Otherwise, the buyer may ask for a credit or to delay the closing.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
About WILL COOK GROUP|Keller Williams Luxury Homes|BRE# 01879277
Ranked in the top 1% of all agents valley wide, Will is an Associate Broker and Team Leader of the WILL COOK GROUP at Keller Williams Luxury Homes
A native of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Will attended graduate school in Boston and worked as a Medical Software Project Director focused on managing client expectations through sophisticated software implementation projects for many years. Will’s experience managing large scale projects in the corporate world has suited his transition to real estate over 15 years ago. Will’s mission has been to use integrity and accountability to exceed his client`s expectations. He has worked in the luxury markets of Boston and Miami Beach and has also owned his own real estate firm in Louisiana.
As expert real estate advisers serving the Palm Springs Area real estate market, Will and his team specialize in finding buyers great deals and they would love to help you find your very own slice of the California Desert!
There are a number of things that could prompt your insurance company
""Will Cook and his team are wonderful to work with and were attentive to all our needs. We are so happy with every part of this process! You will experience the same happiness with Will and his team, so don't hesitate to use him for your next home selling and/or buying experience.""