Here are three strategies to help you win as a buyer and seller right now.As you’re probably aware, we’ve been in a very strong seller’s market for the last 12 months in the Greater Palm
6 Critical Junctures Where Sellers Can Lose Money
Dated: October 12 2017
Listing your home on the market can be a tricky process to navigate. There are six key points where sellers most often lose money during the transaction.
1. Not preparing your home to sell. If there are any items in your home that need to be fixed, don’t hesitate in making those repairs. Also remember to clean out and organize closets and storage spaces. Then, consider staging your home to sell. You want to present the best version of your home possible in order to earn top dollar.
2. Overpricing your home. The higher you price your home over fair market value, the fewer buyers you’re going to attract. Pricing your home at or just below market value will generate the highest interest. Like most shoppers, buyers are always seeking the best value.
3. During the negotiation of the offer. You want to have an experienced agent by your side to make sure that this part of the process doesn’t cause you to lose any money.
4. During the negotiation of home inspection issues. Like the previous point, an experienced agent will help you determine the best route to pursue.
5. During the appraisal. The right agent will show up, meet the appraiser, and help you defend the price.
6. During the final walk-through. You want to make sure that all of the negotiated home inspection repairs have been completed. Otherwise, the buyer may ask for a credit or to delay the closing.
Ranked in the top 1% of all agents valley wide and named one of the Palm Springs Life Top Realtors for 2019 and 2020, Will is an Associate Broker/Team Leader of the WILL COOK GROUP with Keller William....
Latest Blog Posts
Here’s what to consider if you’re thinking of doing a pre-listing inspection.Is a pre-listing home inspection—which is an inspection done prior to listing a home on the market—beneficial to