Here’s a closer look at how the upcoming election will affect real estate.2020 will be remembered as one of the most challenging years of our lives. A global pandemic, a recession that causes
6 Critical Junctures Where Sellers Can Lose Money
Dated: October 12 2017
Listing your home on the market can be a tricky process to navigate. There are six key points where sellers most often lose money during the transaction.
1. Not preparing your home to sell. If there are any items in your home that need to be fixed, don’t hesitate in making those repairs. Also remember to clean out and organize closets and storage spaces. Then, consider staging your home to sell. You want to present the best version of your home possible in order to earn top dollar.
2. Overpricing your home. The higher you price your home over fair market value, the fewer buyers you’re going to attract. Pricing your home at or just below market value will generate the highest interest. Like most shoppers, buyers are always seeking the best value.
3. During the negotiation of the offer. You want to have an experienced agent by your side to make sure that this part of the process doesn’t cause you to lose any money.
4. During the negotiation of home inspection issues. Like the previous point, an experienced agent will help you determine the best route to pursue.
5. During the appraisal. The right agent will show up, meet the appraiser, and help you defend the price.
6. During the final walk-through. You want to make sure that all of the negotiated home inspection repairs have been completed. Otherwise, the buyer may ask for a credit or to delay the closing.
Ranked in the top 1% of all agents valley wide and named one of the Palm Springs Life Top Realtors for 2019 and 2020, Will is an Associate Broker/Team Leader of the WILL COOK GROUP with Keller William....
Latest Blog Posts
What is the pulse of the Greater Palm Springs Area real estate market during the pandemic? I’m sharing some national news and local data to show how our market is doing amid the health