Here are the seven silly mistakes you need to avoid so that they don’t sabotage your home sale:
1. Cords hanging from a wall-mounted TV.
2. An unkempt yard. Curb appeal is a real thing. We often encourage our buyers to drive buy the home they want to look at, and an unkempt yard can send the wrong message to buyers about what they’ll find on the inside of the home.
3. A dingy front door. When showing a home, it takes a Realtor about 30 seconds to retrieve the key from the lockbox and unlock the door. During this time, the buyer is taking in the scene, and a newly painted front door, welcome mat, or pot of flowers can send a strong welcoming message to them.
4. Not cleaning up after your pets. We all love our pets, but some buyers have pet allergies, and it’s a real turnoff when buyers can smell your pet’s odors.
5. Poor furniture arrangement. You want to show off your home to look as spacious and inviting as possible. This way, a buyer can imagine their own furniture in your space
6. Stuffed junk drawers, crammed cabinets, and overfilled closets. We all have lots of stuff, but when a buyer views your home, you want to make sure there is plenty of room for their things. If closets, for example, are overpacked, it sends a message that there might not be room for their items.
7. Cluttered countertops. Similar to closets, you want buyers to feel like they have a lot of space to cook and entertain in the kitchen. The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house, so you want it to make a great first impression.
It’s the little things that make the biggest difference during your home sale, which is why we give all of our sellers a thorough consultation that includes staging tips, resources to home stagers and house cleaners, and storage unit options. It’s our goal to get you more money for your home.
As always, if you have any questions about this or any other real estate topic, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to help you.
This Blog courtesy of Will Cook, WILL COOK GROUP | Keller Williams Luxury Homes, Palm Spring, CA | DRE #01879277
Ranked in the top 1% of all agents valley wide and named one of the Palm Springs Life Top Realtors for 2019 and 2020, Will is an Associate Broker/Team Leader of the WILL COOK GROUP with Keller William....
WILL COOK GROUP | Keller Williams Luxury Homes | DRE# 01879277
435 N. Palm Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92262 760-565-5714
Should you require assistance in navigating our website or searching for real estate, please contact our offices at 760-565-5714.
The information being provided by SoCalMLS, CRISNet Regional MLS, CARETS is for the consumer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumer may be interested in purchasing. Any information relating to real estate for sale referenced on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the SoCalMLS, CRISNet Regional MLS, CARETS. ZipRealty, Inc. is not a Multiple Listing Service (MLS), nor does it offer MLS
access. This website is a service of ZipRealty, Inc., a broker participant of SoCalMLS, CRISNet Regional MLS, CARETS. This web site may reference real estate listing(s) held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent who owns this web site.
The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to open house information, square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The data contained herein is copyrighted by SoCalMLS, CRISNet Regional MLS, CARETS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any unauthorized dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
Copyright 2021 SoCalMLS, CRISNet Regional MLS, CARETS. All rights reserved. Certain information contained herein is derived from information which is the licensed property of, and copyrighted by, SoCalMLS Inc
Data last updated: January 21, 2021 6:37 PM UTC
If a listing displays "Short Sale/Subject to Lender Approval" then that listing has been identified by the seller and the listing broker as a "Short sale." This means that, at the listed price, the proceeds from the sale may not be adequate to pay all liens and costs of sale. Any offer made that does not fully cover the existing amount(s) owed to the lienholder(s) plus the costs of sale could be subject to lienholder approval, which approval may be exercised at the sole and exclusive discretion of the lienholder(s).